First WCC TT - Thursday July 15th, 6:30pm, Crowsfoot course!

@AdamHawley & @Gwyneth_Mitchell you are both setup as members.

All rides are posted under the Ride Planning/Signup Category

Click this link

https://forum.waterloocyclingclub.ca/t/road-time-trial-july-15-6-30-and-7-30-starts/923

and that should take you there. Then click for the 7:30 start.

1 Like

Thanks Steve

I am all signed up. My membership renewal hadn’t gone through, I thought I had re-joined back at the start of the year.

Cheers

Adam

2 Likes

I signed up Ang and I this morning. She just registered for the club this morning also so didn’t have access yet.

3 Likes

All who are interested in riding, there are only 3 spots available for the 7:30 start time. 6:30 is booked up already. If you are interested in doing this, please sign up soon.
Thanks
Kevin S.

1 Like

Very excited to see everyone and get a race in next week! I have a new skin suit on order from Velotec in Ireland, fingers crossed it makes it here on time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, TT slots have all been spoken for. If you are still interested, I hope the sign-up forms allow you to put your name down and will hold your spot on a wait list. If not, please DM me and I will put your name on my own wait list in case we have some cancellations.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the start line Thursday evening!
Kevin

5 Likes

Happy Monday morning all,
With the Region of Waterloo entering Stage 2 of reopening, we are now able to open more spots for TT participants. We are still going to run this in two heats to prevent too much congregation of persons at the start line, and prevent overlaps. We are opening the number of participants to 12 for each heat.
The sign up pages above have been increased to 12 for each heat, so if you’re interested please sign up now!!
Thank you all and see you on Thursday evening!
Kevin S.

1 Like

Weather is looking good for Thursday!

Should be warm and a decent cross tailwind out and cross headwind return…pacing will be important as always. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only two more days!! We have a full heat for the 18:30 time slot… and two spots available for the 19:30 time. Don’t delay your sign up or you’ll miss out!!
Kevin S.

2 Likes

One spot remaining ;))

1 Like

@Bopper I have to pull out (7:30 pm) as I have an injury from this past weekend that is not recovering at the rate I would hope for. Best of luck all!

@Davidwp very sorry to hear that… I will have your name taken off the list. Thank you for letting us know!!

Ok folks, that means TWO spots available for the 7:30 time… please sign up at your earliest convenience. I will take submissions up until early Thursday morning, but would prefer if all sign-ups were completed by Wednesday evening.
Thank you all.
Kevin S.

1 Like

I will not be able to make it on Thursday. Please take my name off the list.
Have a great TT
Thanks,
Peter Passarelli

Thanks for letting us know Peter.

I’ve updated the form so there’s room for one more signup for 6:30

Hi everyone,

The forecast is not looking good for tomorrow. (High chance of rain and thunderstorms)

We are planning to reschedule to this Sunday at 10am.

Good news is we will be in stage 3 at that time and restrictions are greatly reduced. :slightly_smiling_face:

@KevRidesGravel and @Bopper we’ll need to adjust the start sheet etc.

Thanks,
Chris

3 Likes

For anyone heading out to this ride tomorrow, there was a wastewater leak around Bridge & Lancaster and the roundabout and bridge will apparently be closed for the next week or two.

1 Like

I hope everyone is ok with this decision. Anyone who has signed up for Thursday’s TT and can’t make the Sunday morning TT, please let us know so we can take your name off the list.
With the revised restrictions we will be allowed up to 100 persons outdoors, with social distancing and mask required when social distancing is not possible. This means that at the start finish of our Time Trial we must not congregate together before or after the event… without taking precautions. Participants will be asked to gather their belongings and leave immediately after finishing their heat so as to prevent any unnecessary problems or concerns from the general public.
As we are still asking for social distancing while NOT riding, then I would ask that riders come to the start area with a mask and have them on while waiting to start your heat. I think the restrictions now have eased enough that will allow us to start the TT in our normal fashion. Starting with the slowest rider going to the fastest. As we are going to run it in the morning, we don’t need to worry about finishing before dark, so we will go with 1:00 min start intervals to keep the passing limited. If we have 24 riders, that will allow us to start everyone before the first rider off gets back to the finish line… and should allow people to clear the area promptly without causing too much congestion.

So, please let us know if you still are interested and we’ll re-seed everyone into one big race.
thank you,
Kevin S

1 Like

I’m still in for Sunday and looking forward to it!
Thanks for the update
Drew

2 Likes

I still plan on TT-ing Sunday (Alex too)
This gives me more time to practise my u-turns now :joy:

1 Like

I’m still in for Sunday’s TT