***CANCELLED*** WCC 40km TT Sunday July 24th!

WCC 40km Time Trial

Date: July 24
Start Time: 10:00am (Registration at 9:15am with Kevin S)
Estimated Finish Time: 11:30am
Discipline: Time Trial
Culture: Race but open to all ability levels!
Approximate Distance: 40km

Start Location:
Elma Township Public School
https://goo.gl/maps/B2CCajg3hqXmijWZA

Route:
Just under 40km in total the route is a flat and fast out and back time trial.

Description:
All ability levels are welcome. Any bike type is welcome as well (no e-Bikes). People have raced on road, TT, cross/gravel and MTB’s, recumbents etc.

There are two categories “Aero” and “Road Bike”:

• Aero: Anything goes (No UCI restrictions)
  • Road: No clip on aerobars, no TT disc rear wheels, no TT specific helmet. (Aero road helmets are fine)

If you have clip on aerobars on your road bike you can still race, you’ll just be slotted into the aero category.

If you have specific questions prior to your ride please ask here.

Thanks and see you there!

Indicating you are Going on the Ride will also mean you get notifications of any updates to the Ride

WCC rides are open to members only. Guests are permitted provided they have an active OCA membership. All riders must follow the rules of the Highway Traffic Act and are responsible for riding in a safe manner

Checked out the course yesterday and it’s in perfect shape. Looking forward to Sunday!

Great!!! Thanks for checking out the course Chris. Looking forward to watching you folks suffering. :wink: LOL

I have put out an invite to the KWCA club as well… Rob wasn’t sure how many would be able to come out as there is a MTB race that day as well… but he thought some may come.

Please ensure everyone gives me an idea on your expected finish time by Saturday afternoon.

Thank you all … see you Sunday morning!
Kevin

I have looked at the long range forecast for Sunday and it’s not looking good for this TT to happen. Forecast is 80% POP with thunderstorms… We will make the call the day before in order to ensure nobody makes the drive out there for no reason.

Keep watching this forum for information.
Thanks
Kevin

1 Like

Hi there, I connected with Kevin and we’re going to pull the plug for Sunday based on the forecast. Rain, lightning, high winds.

The next big TT event is the Provincial Time Trial Championship on Aug 14th.

They have sportif class, road bike class, UCI Provincial championship class and two courses. (~47km and 25km)

If you enjoy TT’ing please do you best to support this event. The course is amazing, flat with slight rollers, fast, good pavement and winds alongside Lake Erie.

Cheers,
Chris

Looking at the radar cancelling was a good decision…

1 Like

would love to ride at this, but reality is I have not trained in the last month. Also will be having reconstructive operation on my foot and wont be riding for the rest of the year.