Classic bike ride

I double-booked myself and can’t make it. Hopefully we’ll do another one at some point!

1 Like

I am thinking another one in the fall with cooler weather… depending on demand, of course.

2 Likes

The Rossi is all cleaned and polished. Tubular Mavic rims ready for new Vittoria shoes. Clean white Cinelli bar tape, new 3T stem to replace the original Modolo Death Stem. Last touch will be new frame decals.

3 Likes

I have to step out as well, going to have my son coming over earlier than expected. We are going to have a ride together sometime during the day that will well make up for it. Hope to do a classic ride again soon. Enjoy all!

1 Like

I have the Apollo all set! I’ve replaced most of the cables and added some ‘modern’ bar tape due to availability. And also a ‘modern’ saddle again due to what I had on hand. My front brake seems wobbly and maybe tomorrow I can get some advice on the reason why from the more seasoned ‘vintage’ bicyclists :slight_smile:

Joel

2 Likes

I’ll be on the fixie-converted, cheapie Canadian Raleigh, painted with thinned Rustoleum! So, whatever you’ve got – bring it! I’ll be the caboose on the Glasgow climb :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Giddy Up!
IMG_2603

8 Likes

Hi TommyB - what is your estimated roll out time from RIM? I think I’ll meet you enroute and just trying to estimate timing
James

1 Like

Hey @jdparkin …if we are all in that area around 9am… probably start heading into the route shortly thereafter. I’m guessing everyone will be eager to get going.

That was a lot of fun!

Great bikes, great conversations, and great weather!
Glad many of you were able to make it out. I’m glad the bikes held up well and we didn’t have any mechanicals…except one dropped chain.

I’m not a great photographer, and my old phone has a sub-par camera. So, I’ll post a pic of our bikes in Maryhill and a couple pictures taken by @bdoberst who was awesome and appeared on the side of the rode for some quick pictures!

I’ll rely on the others on the ride, and their superior photography skills, share their pictures. :grinning:

Cheers and let’s aim for another Vintage Lugs ride in September or October.

6 Likes

Excellent time was had by all. Great ride Tommy!

5 Likes

Such a great day. It was kind of about the bikes but not really about the bikes at all. Just a great excuse to take our time enjoying the company and just dawdle a bit. Looking forward to more of these rides. I think everyone came away having discovered or rediscovered an appreciation for the equipment and the history of the sport we all love.
Uploading: BAB64A32-2EA3-4D78-9358-8D4C0E27A7F0.jpeg…
Uploading: F67567E7-227F-4D38-8578-5D28762BF17E.jpeg…
Uploading: 8026D904-C947-49ED-9EEA-6A1DB67F2368.jpeg…

5 Likes

#TommyAwesome #WhatDrewSaid #VintageRiders

#SomePicsBySammy

6 Likes

Great ride all!

6 Likes

Thanks @TommyB for organizing that. Great route! And great company all around. Reminded me what I have been missing having ridden on my own (and with the family) through covid.

It was amazing how our steads held up and also how quiet they all were. I think it was quieter than our modern bikes. With many of the bikes with friction shifters it seemed easy to make a quick nudge and get the drivetrain silent. I’m keeping the Miele (looking forward to the next ride in the fall!) and going to invest a bit more time and money in it. Maybe somehow get the brakes working :smiley:

I’m not much a photographer either but maybe next time I’ll see if I can hook up the GoPro for some action shots / video!

4 Likes

I am so glad that I was able to join this ride.
And thank you to Tommy for organizing such a great and a memorable vintage bike ride.
Vintage bikes brings back our memories of the past and something to talk about with same interests.
From now on, when I think of father’s day, I will remember today’s ride. How wonderful it was and most of all with great companions.
There were no issues with vintage bikes, other than a chain came off from a single speed bike.
The weather was awesome, not too hot not too cold and not too windy.
I look forward to participate next vintage bike ride.

Cheers,
Sammy,

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks everyone!

I get an even bigger smile when I know you all had a great time today! :slightly_smiling_face:

It was so cool seeing everyone out today with smiles and laughter. And those bikes…!! Although I like what @DrewMolnar said…we thought it was about the bikes, but it really wasn’t. Thanks everyone!

Let’s aim for a September Vintage Lugs ride.
Given today was the Summer Solstice…maybe we aim for autumnal equinox for the next ride? (Or the closest Sunday to that date)

…Hmm…if we stay on that theme, a “try the track” for winter solstice? Spring equinox ride on gravel? :wink: Stay tuned…

3 Likes

Uploading: 20210620_100051.jpg…

5 Likes