WCC Time Trial #4 this Thursday Aug 24th 7:00pm

Top of the hill at Crowsfoot, approximately 400ms from the intersection with Sawmill

1 Like

Itā€™s about right here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/43Ā°32ā€™07.7"N+80Ā°27ā€™53.8"W/@43.5431758,-80.4639332,13.87z/data=!4m4!3m3!8m2!3d43.5354758!4d-80.4649504?entry=ttu

1 Like

Thank you Tomā€¦ yes Emily, itā€™s just past the intersection of Crowsfoot/Sawmill/Katherine St.
Top of the hill and past the last house on the left. I will be sitting there behind the trees. Parking is down the road on the first crossroad to the left - on Cox Creek Rd.
Park on the shoulder near the intersection.

Here is the precise location:
https://goo.gl/maps/RmzMWwe5eVJxXzUY9

See you all at 6:30 or 7:00. :wink:
Kevin

1 Like

Can someone confirm if Sawmill remains closed at Bloomingdale?

Just trying to see how much time Iā€™ll need to ride out there, or if I should drive.

Eric, I used Google Maps to see if I could go thru Bloomingdaleā€¦ it wonā€™t allow it - therefore I would suggest that itā€™s still closed.

Thanks Kevin. Definitely doesnā€™t look promising. Region of Waterloo website has it locked down as well (until December!).

Guess Iā€™ll have to take the detour. Will likely be a bit after 6:30 if I make it out.

I drove by there on Sunday and it didnā€™t look close to being done at all

1 Like

I will post this to the clubā€™s social medias.

Itā€™s really quick to get around. About 2 mins detour.

Good race everyone!!! That was an almost perfect evening for a TTā€¦ even though it was very humid, the wind was almost non-existent and the temperature was almost perfect. We canā€™t do much about the traffic, but Iā€™m glad everyone was able to race almost unhindered. The traffic was definitely lighter then when I did my ride at 4:45ā€¦ the construction on Sawmill Rd in Bloomingdale has really made Crowsfoot an unfriendly road at rush hour.

Here are the results for the TT ā€¦ including my time.

I really tired near the end of my runā€¦ but attempted to keep the watts up. I ended with a 304 w average (315 NP) which is my strongest ride in a few years. The power balance was a little off ā€“ when I donā€™t concentrate on keeping my right leg activated the left leg takes overā€¦ but I can live with it.

Great work everyoneā€¦ especially the first timers. Young Ian McLean laid down a respectable time and his older brother crushed it with a sub 18 minute time. Fantastic times young lads!!!

See you at the next event!!
Kevin

7 Likes

Thanks Kevin! Youā€™re the man! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Great racing everyone and a really nice turnout given the uncertainty of the weather!

Weā€™ll post details on our upcoming 20/40km TT soon.

Cheers,
Chris

3 Likes