Rec Gravel Ride Saturday May 6 - 9:30 am - 35km. Elmira, West Montrose

I would like to organize a recreational gravel ride for Saturday morning. I am thinking the distance will be between 30 and 35 km with an average speed of 16-18 km an hour.

Let me know if you are interested. I’ll chose the route by Friday and we will aim to start the ride at 10 am.

This will be an unofficial / no drop ride.

Hi there, if anyone is interested in doing a recreational gravel ride tomorrow on Saturday, May 6, leaving Waterloo around 9:30 AM, let me know.

This is an unofficial ride, so anybody can join. We are going to ride from Waterloo to the kissing bridge which will be about 35 or 40 km. Average speed will be between 16 and 18 km an hour… At least that is my guess.

My cell phone is 226–203–4111 if you would like to reach out to me for more details.

Patti

Hi @PattiDennison I’m in for the ride if you still plan on going.

1 Like

Yes for sure.

We are going to meet in St Jacobs and start to ride at 9:30 am. We will meet on Benjamin Road across from the hotel. Same parking lots as Tootsie’s outlet store.

We will be there around 9:15 am.

See you there.

This is the route we will take.

@Christine_Harris

Just wondering if you wanted to join us tomorrow morning.

Hi Patti,

I cant tomorrow its my nieces birthday, but definitely next time!

Thanks for messaging me

1 Like

Ok sounds good. Have fun. Weather will be nice!

Slight change in route.

Still meeting in St Jacobs for 9:15, ride starts at 9:30 am

1 Like

Well we finished the Elmira, West Montrose route and it was fantastic. Thanks to ride with GPS but mostly @Bikedawn and @justinlang for secret shortcuts on our loop. Thanks @sholota for coming along and hopefully the pace was what you expected.

We started out in Saint Jacobs, and we rode to the Lost Acre variety/bakery store. Everyone except me enjoyed coffee and a butter tart, but as usual, I had to change it up and get an ice cream cone. Lol.

Of course, I didn’t realize I had to ride up a big hill after eating my ice cream cone, but thankfully I made it and I would probably do it again. Lol Buy the ice cream cone that is. :joy:

The weather was a bit chilly when we started, but ended up perfect on our way back. The wind wasn’t too bad other than a little stretch along Northfield.

This was one of my bigger rides and probably a faster pace than I would normally go… I’m really happy we did it and proud that I accomplished it with my fellow WCC members.

I tried to load a video of Steve coming through the covered bridge but I think the file was too large.

3 Likes

Thank you for organizing. It was great meeting you all and a lovely morning for the ride. Butter tarts were an unexpected bonus.

2 Likes

How did the skunk relocation go? :skunk:

1 Like

Superb leadership @PattiDennison

It’s not that you are the fastest that makes you the leader…it’s that people follow your lead.

Organizing this group ride and ensuring everyone has a quality experience is very impressive.

It’s how clubs are built.

A.

5 Likes

Looks like you all had a great time. Wonderful writeup about you ride. I love reading these. Great job Patti.

3 Likes

He had already let it go before I got home

He thought he had sealed up the deck well enough but it went right back under :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Francqlife ! We’ll attempt Thursday night and Saturday morning rides and see if we can attract some folks that like the slower pace.

1 Like

Thanks @MarkW

1 Like