Unofficial Sunday Morning Gravel Group

Hi Everyone,

It has been a long time since I put out an invite the the club to join an unofficial Sunday morning gravel group that meets in Elmira. This group was created by my Dad and I, and this year we decided to go gravel. The ride is unofficial as it consists of many non-members, but many WCC folks have come out for years.

We keep these rides at a novice pace and increase the distance each week until we get to about 50km. The ride is very social and is made up of a mix of riders. For some riders it is an active recovery ride while others it might be one of their hardest rides of the week. It is always a no-drop ride!

If anyone is interested in joining, the ride leaves from Local Renaissance in Elmira at 8:30am. Here is the route we will take this week:

If you are interested in joining, but can’t make it this week, feel free to send me a DM and I can add you to our mailing list for future rides.

Joe

3 Likes

I can’t this week, but I’ll definitely pop out some Sundays this summer.

Thanks for the invite Joe.

2 Likes

I had a number of folks reach out last week to say they were interested and even some manage to come out. Because of this, I thought I would extend an invite for another week for anyone that may be interested.

This week we are planning the following route:

Feel free to join and remember we leave Local Renaissance in Elmira at 8:30am. Hope to see even more new faces on Sunday.

Joe

Each week we have had a new face from WCC join this group, which has been fantastic. We will once again roll out Sunday morning at 8:30am from Local Renaissance in Elmira.

Here is this week’s route: Sunday Gavel 37 - A bike ride in Township of Woolwich, Ontario

Joe

1 Like

Curious, is this ride suitable for MTB bikes?

1 Like

We have had a number of folks come out on mountain bikes and hybrid bikes. For reference, most Sundays we have averaged about 22-23km/h and will always wait up for everyone.

1 Like

Each week we get a new WCCer out, so I will post again if anyone is interested for this Sunday. Here is the route we are planning:

We are getting good turnouts for Sunday mornings, feel free to join: