Dam Cross - CX Oct 9

From our friends at Dam Cross - registration is open and early bird pricing on now:

Get ready for Dam CX 2021!

This year, we’re only hosting one race - a citizen level event - on Saturday, October 9.

We’re looking forward to some fun racing, Di’s Fries will be back with some post race reward food, and prizes from Upper Thames Brewing Company and To Wheels for those who grace the steps of the podium.

As we did in 2019, we’re using our sponsorship funds from United Lumber & Truss to provide free racing for youth under 19. Being a citizen level event, we can also offer one day insurance for those who do not have an OCA or Citizen Permit. Please encourage your friends to come out and race and bring their kids! All bikes welcome in the Youth races.

Early bird registration ends tonight, so head over to CNN to Register now

If you’re going to wait, don’t wait too long as registration will close on Wednesday, October 6, 2021 and part of our COVID-19 safety protocols is to host a PRE-REGISTRATION only event. No day of registrations will be allowed.

If you’re coming to beautiful Oxford County to pre-ride be sure to visit www.rideoxford.ca for local cycling information and maps to help you explore by road, gravel or trails.

Sincerely,

Michael Jaffray & Mike Aston

4 Likes

Reg’d last night, this is always a great race/event.

1 Like

I suppose this race would probably be a good one to try for single speed? I’m on the fence given that Belleville is the next day, but it’s pretty close and I should drop by some family in the area.

1 Like

Yes it is pretty much flat, so perfect for SS.

@Arlambert every race is a good race to try singlespeed. :laughing:

1 Like

@KevRidesGravel I was gonna say the opposite. No race is “good” for SS but some are a little better than others.

3 Likes

Dam Cross is the perfect race if anyone is thinking of giving cross a try for the first time.

On the SS subject, who remembers the last minute race at Albion a number of years ago? Now that was a brutal SS “race”.

1 Like

I will never forget Albion SS, the contrast of riding cantis to the discs in the morning and never having the right gear. Not sure my SS fee paid for all the tape I broke.

2 Likes

Do I honestly have to post this picture (taken by your lovely wife…Rob) of our last SS CX race together.

Turns out CX is not about the bikes.

7 Likes

It’s also about heckling. Like heckling your teammate as he changes gear ratios to the easiest possible before that “horrible” Albion SS race.

2 Likes

What is the consensus out there? M2 or M3?

You would for sure be M2 but you usually have to start in M3. So you can go and crush it for a race or two and then upgrade.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to register for this. Also if you have kids it is free to race this one!

1 Like

On the fence still

Just a reminder. Registration closes tonight for Dam Cross. Jaffray puts on a great race and it’s the perfect into to cross. This race has been many club members first cross event over the years.

4 Likes

Peer pressure Sign up :grinning:

2 Likes

Ya, David, you’ll definitely be competitive for a top placing in M3. Sign up!

1 Like

That’s very kind, to say the least :wink:

Alright darn peer pressure, I’m in.

4 Likes

I’ll be at Dam cross today (course setup). Anyone want to pre-ride, I’m guessing the course will be ready later afternoon. I figure I’ll be doing some laps around 5 to 7 pm approximately.

1 Like