Cyclocross OCup #2 P/b: WCC Oct15th

The second cyclo-cross O-Cup is on Oct 15th and we’ve taken over running it. Dam Cross happens at Pittock Conservation Area in Woodstock and has been many club members first cross race over the years.

Of important note, and this is straight from the tech guide.

“On trial this year, ACM (Associate Club Membership) holders that are
members of a host club supporting an O-Cup are allowed to compete at that
OCup ONLY. Their ACM must show that they are a member of the club at
the time of registration and upon signing in at the respective event.”

So, anyone in the club can register for Dam Cross without having to buy a race license! This helps reduce the cost of trying a race, as entry fees have increased this year to $70.

Give the race a try, register here . Registration closes Wed. Oct 11th at midnight!

Now, the course. It’s flat, pancake flat but there’s a beach! Otherwise it’s lots of wide flowing corners. It’s easy to walk around and see most of the course in a short time. We often put the club tent up by the beach and a large group hangs out there all day cheering and heckling.

If you aren’t interested in racing we could use more volunteers on race day as Jeremy mentioned in a separate post. You can sign up on their website: VeloSched by Edward Sitarski First you create an account, which can take a day, then search for Dam Cross CX O-Cup #2 and pick a position.

Hope to see a big group out racing, watching and helping out.

Mark

3 Likes

If you have the free time, and don’t mind the short drive to Woodstock, we need more race day volunteers. You get a free lunch, are allowed to heckle to your hearts content and get to enjoy being a part of a great race.

1 Like

Hi Mark,
I think I can help out (if I don’t get a flare up this week). Let me know the schedule.
I can probably make 10am or later.
Cheers!

If you register for the volunteer site, info is in the original post, you’ll be able to see all the positions and details.

We will need a lot of help tearing down the course at around 2 pm.

Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Likes

WCC will be hosting the event this year, but the model is slightly different than past years with volunteers being coordinated directly with Ontario Cycling. You can sign up on their website: VeloSched by Edward Sitarski

1 Like

I´m trying to register but it´s asking me to purchase a race license. I sent an email to Ontario Cycling asking about it but they I haven´t heard from them yet.

Do you know how I can register without purchasing the race license? Maybe I missed it somewhere on the registration page.

The tech guide says the following;

On trial this year, ACM (Associate Club Membership) holders that are
members of a host club supporting an OCup are allowed to compete at that
OCup ONLY. Their ACM must show that they are a member of the club at
the time of registration and upon signing in at the respective event. If no
club is supporting the event or a riders’ ACM is for a club not supporting the
event, riders will be required to have a Provincial or UCI Race License to
participate.

Does that apply to you?

Hopefully they can get you registered. I’ll ask the events guy since we’re constantly emailing each other this week.

@bike_daniells @MarkW They just replied to me and said that they changed the registration page to allow ACMs into Elite 3. So I am now registered for the race! :smiling_face:

7 Likes