Dam Cross - CX Oct 9

Course is pretty much ready. I probably won’t stick around too late, but it is available for preride, especially good for those in the first few races.

I’ll have the club tent and a bike stand ready for those coming early.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Thanks Kevin. I will appreciate having the tent in the morning :relaxed:

1 Like

Some good results today.
While the forecast rainy cyclocross weather was not delivered, the course had enough muddy corners and the usual allocation of beach running.

Given Mark took 3rd from Dave right at the finish line of the M3 race, I wonder how Dave feels about this exchange from earlier this week when we were convincing him to sign up? :rofl:

Race Highlights:
M3: Dan Newton (1st), @MarkR (3rd) @Davidwp (4th)
E4: @SeanBossie (1st), Zach McDonald 4th (former WCC)
M2: @Luke_Ehgoetz (4th) @KevRidesGravel (6th)
M1: @velodan Dan Souter (2nd)

Full results: Results

3 Likes

Well, I probably motivated David to leave me in his dust next time. :grin: Congrats on the great efforts, everybody. Double-kudos to those at Belleville today.

Dan, are you moving up to M2?

1 Like

It was an interesting welcome to CX, I am still conflicted ha.

See the drama here.

DAM CX M3

9 Likes

I’ve asked to upgrade, so hopefully when OCA gets to work tomorrow they give me the go ahead and I can test my legs against @KevRidesGravel, @rosepedal & @bike_daniells at KWCX. :grinning:

5 Likes

@Davidwp
oh the ending… :broken_heart:

1 Like

The feels

1 Like

David.

What a gift to be able to ride onboard with you for 37 mins in your first ever CX race.

Rubes…you own him !!!

A.

1 Like

Great video! I raced CX 30 years ago (!!!) and decided never again…that video momentarily made me consider it…momentarily. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Overall a great day out racing bikes, and some really good results by several club members.

The weather really was special. The ground was wet which made for some fun muddy conditions, but we didn’t get any rain falling on us, and the sun even poked out from time to time.

M3 Podium

E4 Podium

M1 Podium

And remember, CX racing is serious business

6 Likes

Whoops, can’t forget the most important podium - singlespeed

7 Likes

Looks like a great time was had by all. Sorry I missed it.

I love Dan’s podium shot. Hopefully he can move up a category for the next race.

4 Likes

Dan and Sean have both upgraded!

4 Likes