2023 First WCC TT Thursday May 4th - Back at Crowsfoot!

Hay Kevin, slot me in around 25minutes. :cry:
Brian

I am hoping for sub 23, dry roads, warm weather and blue skies.

2 Likes

My excuse is I have to fix the tandem.

3 Likes

Weā€™re doing testing at work so Iā€™m not sure if weā€™ll be finished early enough, but letā€™s just say 20:01 for me.

1 Like

Great turnout especially given the wet and cold conditions tonight! Thanks Kevin for timing and thanks everyone that came out for a good early season effort :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good evening everyoneā€¦ what a great effort by all concerned. That was an unpleasant - but worthwhile evening of suffering. When I rode the course at 5:45 I got a dry road for 5 kmā€¦ then the rain started and got steadily heavier as i went. Finished in a cool steady showerā€¦ the one saving grace was the lack of wind. Iā€™m happy with my result - which I took from the Strava segment timeā€¦ but the time on my Wahoo was 24:00 from start line to finish line when I hit the lap button. The right leg has some stamina and strength building to do, but itā€™s sure better then it was 8 months ago.

above are the results for the 9 intrepid souls who braved the elements tonightā€¦ it rained briefly at the start, but shortly after the last rider started it stopped and the rest of the time was just cool. Road was damp, but nothing terrible. Traffic was lighter then an hour earlier, so the 19:00 start time is good for Crowsfoot Road.

Great work Chris Pippy on breaking the 20 minute barrier on a standard road bikeā€¦ thatā€™s awesome after all youā€™ve been thru in the last 8 months as well. Keep up the great work!!!
Also, fantastic work by Lili on knocking out her longest TT ā€¦ pacing is very important when doing longer distancesā€¦ itā€™s not like the track where you can bury yourself for 3-4 minutes. Weā€™ll be here all summer for you to work on pacingā€¦ drag dad out and catch him next time. :wink:

Good work all! Fingers crossed for a dry, calm, warm June TT.
Kevin

5 Likes