Velogames - Pick your team

With the start of the Giro fast approaching, I thought I’d check if anybody else plays Velogames?
https://www.velogames.com/

I’ve got my team picked…but might change a few riders before the deadline (14:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time) on Saturday 8th May 2021).

If anybody else is interested, I can create a WCC league and post the code here.

1 Like

I’ve put a team together as well. I’m all for a WCC league.

Awesome!

League code: 534116010

1 Like

Just joined!

No… Landa! :sob:

Coming up to the end of week 2 and our league is 563 points between first (@Bopper ) and last (me). That’s a pretty tight race!

And Kev’s at the 33% mark of all 20,000+ entries so we’ve all locked some good riders!

Yeah, I had good riders… until 1/3 of them abandoned. :frowning:
Some pretty exciting racing the last 20 km of the last two stages though. The sprint stage was awesome and couldn’t have happened to a nicer rider for the win. I just wish I had picked him.
As for today’s climb up Zoncolan… wow… just wow!! That was a brutal climb.

Some exciting times during the Giro! We had multiple lead changes in our WCC league and it’s coming down to the final 2 stages to determine our league’s final standings!

Get your team in for the Dauphine!
6am Sunday, May 30 is the deadline.
Ways a good race as potential Tour challengers warm up their legs.

No need to rejoin the WCC league if you’re in it for the Giro…it stays with your account for all future races.

If you’re making your first team, join our league with the code:

League code: 534116010

https://www.velogames.com/

1 Like

I started well, then I lost most of my riders. Always fun!

It’s too bad about Hindley this year given how strong he was 8 months ago.

I was glad to see Yates and Almeda finally wake up this week!

Only 12hrs left to pick your Velogames team for Dauphine

1. Login to Velogames and pick your team
  2. Link to the WCC League using code 534116010

Good Giro everyone!

The lead in our league changed quite a bit over the 3 weeks with the top 2 crystallizing in only the last 2-3 stages!

It appears only @bdoberst and I made teams for the Dauphine…so hopefully we’ll see more people join for the Tour in July.

Cheers!

Thanks for setting this up Tommy! The team pulled through at the last minute :). I missed the dauphine but I’m in for the Tour.

2 Likes

Cheers!

It was fun!

The Tour is going to be insane…

Geraint, Pogachar, Roglic, Froome, unknown other? Competition is going to be fierce. Picking your Velogames team will be tough!

The second of two preparation 1 week stage races for the Tour is about to start…
Tour de Suisse!

Deadline to get your team picked is this Sunday, June 6 at 8am EST.

As always, same League code as above (no need to re-add it if you’ve were in the league before.

Login to Velogames and pick your team
Link to the WCC League using code 534116010

Good luck!

Team picked for Suisse… I was too busy to get a team for Dauphine… looking forward to The Tour though!! :smiley:

1 Like

Picked my Tour de Suisse team. Only 36 hours left to pick before entries close!

1 Like

How strange is it that we all picked so many of the same riders?!
I share 5/9 riders with a few of you!

A great Tour de Suisse in the WCC league!

I, stupidly, was the only person to NOT pick van der Poel and collect points for his two stage wins. However, it was amazing to see how we all seemed to have the same 4-5 riders on our picks. As a result, aside from Team Absolute Domination (@SeanBossie , is that you?) who took a commanding lead in the early stages, the fight for second place was within dozens of points throughout the rest of the race.

Congrats to the winner and thanks to all involved.

The Tour de France starts in under 2 weeks! This year’s race looks historic…Pogacar, Roglic, Allaphillip, Thomas, Woods (Froome?), van der Poel, Van Aert, Bennett (or Cavendish?), Ewan, Nizzolo…so many potential stage and GC contenders!

Stay tuned and I’ll post here when picking teams becomes possible.

1 Like

Hey @TommyB, ya that’s me. I had 6 of 8 stage wins, several podiums and the overall GC. Time to buy a lottery ticket. Looking forward to the Tour - less than 2 weeks!

1 Like