Velogames - Pick your team

That has to be one of the best outcomes in Velogames i’ve ever seen! (aside from looking at the overall first place person’s team).

Congrats on picking an amazing team!

On to the Tour.

This in-depth article is worth a skim, or full read, to help decide who to add to your team next week.

1 Like

Here we go!

Tour de France and time to pick your team!

As before…

Login to Velogames and pick your team
Link to the WCC League using code 534116010

This year’s race looks to be one of the most competitive I can remember in a long time at the GC, green jersey, and bunch sprints.

Good luck!

1 Like

Team is picked… let’s get this year’s Tour rolling!!
Good luck all.

Given the lack of mountains and mountain top finishes it seems like a route that will lead to team domination. So Ineos is in a good spot, but they are not what Sky was. Hmmm.

Maybe crosswinds will make it more interesting and split things up early.

I still hope for Jumbo to do something and if the stage designs actually do lead to some early attacks that work that would be cool.

Anyway, just some thoughts based on the linked article ( it was a good read ), but I will admit I have not followed things in recent years and there are too many new faces for me to pick a team.

Hopefully some exciting racing to come. We shall see.

I have, somehow, managed to pick a team with the riders I wanted…with nobody from Ineos, and a total of 98 points used. :thinking:

I should start with a 400 point lead (100x 2 points not used + 200 bonus points for no Ineos riders).

There are 8 WCC members who have picked teams already and then linked to the WCC league! You still have another 60 hours or so to pick your team…deadline is 5:00am Waterloo time Saturday morning.

2 Likes

No Ineos riders here either. I wish I could pick more sprinters and less climbers!

1 Like

A fun twist a small group of us tried last year on velogames was to choose the team that totals the lowest score in the race…but you HAVE to spend 100 points.

Tougher than you think to pick a losing team!

I’m in. Given my general lack of current racing knowledge I don’t expect much!

Less than 24 hours to pick your team!

Deadline is 6am Saturday, June 26…which is when the Tour starts!

We’re up to 14 people in the WCC league.

Oliver, it’s not about the knowledge and how well you do, if just gives you something extra to cheer for during the race. I have done well - even though I rarely followed cycling… when I was able to ride a bike – I was riding and not watching racing. With my current state of affairs (rehabing a knee blow-out) I am watching a lot more racing and this pool gives me a reason to cheer for certain teams/riders.
Good luck and have fun!! :smiley:
Kev (aka Bopper)

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tour de France discussion

I have merged generic Tour de France discussion into one topic.

Just to try and keep up some lively topics together.

This thread is still alive for those discussing Velogames specific things.

• Steven
1 Like

Velogames has opened for the Giro d’Italia Donne with the deadline of Friday, July 2 at 8am EST.

Pick your team and if you’re already part of the WCC League…you’re automatically in it for this race too!

Good luck!

An exciting edition of the velogames Tour de France in our WCC league! (Even if the actual race got a little boring after the first week :man_shrugging:)

Congrats to RJ (who is that?) for jumping to first place with the final tally of points based on final standings in the GC…passing @Joe.Meissner from his 1st place standing over the final week (or longer?).

Joe, greasyhobolo (who is that?!), and I are the only players without Pogachar in the top 10…and I’m the only player without Pogachar AND Van Aert in the top 10!

I also just realized I beat @Sammy_Ryu by 4 points…over 5500 points accumulated! Sorry Sammy! :grimacing:

Congrats and see you all for the Vuelta in August!

2 Likes

@TommyB
Hey Tommy !!! How could this happpen to me ? Losing by 4 points…
You’ll never know till the end of the race. You’ve been so lucky so far. Let’s see if I can do better next time.
Next one is Vuelta in August !!!
Good luck to all !

I’m RJ in the Velogames. I thought @Joe.Meissner had 1st place wrapped up for the last week!

I’m still kicking myself for not picking MVDP.

1 Like

I thought I would have a good first week with the team I picked, but assumed it would go downhill from there. Happy to hang on as long as I did. So many points are given based on final standings so I assumed, without Pog, I wouldnt be able to hold onto the lead.

Always fun!

I thought I’d catch you too Joe, I kept creeping up… then Woodsy left and that was that. Oh well, it was a fun tour to watch… especially the break-away attempts early in the stages… made for some exciting racing early on.