Track Races 2021/2022

Thanks @TommyB, appreciate that! Looks like I would have to start with basic track certification?

1 Like

That’s a good start! :slight_smile:

In Milton, they are running them at a group per month (roughly).
You’ll need to do two “Certification A” sessions (Sat/Sun) and then two “Certification B” sessions (Sat/Sun).
Seems like a lot, but it is not uncommon to see riders get through all that and still have some early issues getting comfortable in their first few drop-in sessions.

The certification is run by the NCIM (National Cycling Institute - Milton) and you can find dates/etc on their site (https://ncirevolution.com/)

2 Likes

Good write-up and a good video of the Group A Keirin final from Saturday night.

2 Likes

Thanks! Looks like 3:34 is the mens master IP record held by Steve McKee. I might have a realistic chance at that with focused training. (I put 30 seconds into Steve in a 15km TT)

3 Likes

Hi David,

How are you ?
Lately, I was at the Velodrome in Milton at least twice a week.
I am enjoying the track rides and I hope you can join us soon…
One ride on Tuesday evenings and the other ride over the weekend, Sat or Sun at 6:30am.
We start the day with Track Ride and then we go for Breakfast in Milton.
This is one way not to get too lazy over the weekend.

Sammy,

1 Like

Thanks Sammy. I am doing pretty well, thank you! Hope you are as well. Yes, looking to get out soon, thanks for the updated scheduling. I am still waiting to save up a few pennies so I can get my certification. Hopefully I can join the crew soon!

Hi David,

Good to hear from you and it is still mild weather here for this time of the year.

On Tuesday, 7 people showed up including me from Track & Thai.

Sammy in Track & Thai jersey

Right after track ride, we all went to eat out for Thai food in Thai House Restaurant in Milton to fill up with good food to refuel our body.

I ate Khoa Soi Seafood Curry Bowl and it was delicious and comforting meal after track ride.

Khoa Soi Seafood Curry Bowl(Rookie Bowl)

Thai House Restaurant in Milton

Cheers,
Sammy,

1 Like

November race night photos
IMG_374225328

1 Like