This upcoming weekend the Tour of Kincardine is happening. This is a fun, very unique race in Kincardine. The race takes place through to whole town, using all manner of trails and forests through the city. (If you’ve been on one of the club’s Urban adventure rides, it’s basically that in race from.)
I think the jury is still out on what the fastest bike is for the course. I’ve race it 3 times on a CX bike, then twice on 2020 as a self-serve time trial. In 2021 I time trialed it on my hardtail Mountain bike, and was significantly faster than in 2020.
Some other fun facts:
- There’s a dairy queen about 20 m away from the finish line.
- @Shane organizes the race. He and his Daughter Sophie are club members, and race for Faction. I met them at a CX race as I happened to be wearing my ToK t-shirt. Some stranger walks up to me and says, “hey, nice t-shirt”, and the rest is history…
- There’s an awesome beach in town, perfect to cool off after a hard race.
- This year I’m helping Shane: we’re gonna add a mini CX course to the route, complete with stakes and tape winding through one of the city parks.
- Did I mention the Dairy queen at the finish line?
Faction team at the race start in 2019:
Shane and Sophie in 2021, all three of us tried it on Mountain bikes that year: