Rec gravel follow up for Saturday August 26th

It was a small group today, but mother nature tried to compensate with some interesting weather. I took a few pictures, but it is hard to capture in photos. It is really something that needs to be experienced.

We rode through a couple of clouds at the top of Waterloo Region, some of the trees are beginning to show some colour, as the sun peaked through the clouds it shone like a spotlight bringing out the vibrancy and adding to the contrast, and so much more.

It turned out Bonnie Lou’s was closed today. We needed to adjust our route to stop at the Wallenstein General store instead. The alterations to the route allowed us to hide a bit more from the headwind and benefit more from the tailwind. As a result, moving avg was a shade faster than the estimate of 20 kph. For me it was 20.7.

Still lots of good riding left this summer :sun_with_face:. Come join us if this sounds interesting to you. :grinning:

3 Likes

It was a great ride and turned into my longest so far this year. The butter tart at Wallenstein General Store helped fuel me home. Good pace of 20.2 and the sun was nice to finish. Missed the oatmeal date cookies but another time.

Come join us for the next ride!

3 Likes