KW Classic Road Race will be returning to Hawkesville, Ontario in 2022

Looking for a date for this race but the OCA page has not updated and is still using last years calendar. Anyone out there know anything about it? I am also on the race website, and it does not have a date yet, unless I am as blind and as a tree stump and cant see it

In this case, it’s probably best to go to the source. According to Cycle Waterloo, the 2022 edition of KW Classic will be June 12. Registration isn’t open yet, and they haven’t the updated Tech Guide at this time. https://cyclewaterloo.ca/events/kw-classic/

Thanks! They really don’t make it easy for novice riders (racers). Guess if the race is only 2.5 months off I need to get my finger out and get to longer endurance stuff! Not looking forward to 2 hours on the trainer!!

1 Like

Thanks! They really don’t make it easy for novice riders (racers). Guess if the race is only 2.5 months off I need to get my finger out and get to longer endurance stuff! Not looking forward to 2 hours on the trainer!!

Going to make this my first ever cycling race, already nervous. Looking for any hints or advice anyone is willing to offer. Anything from bike set up to training. I have two sets of race wheels, was not expecting the second, they came with a bike my buddy gave me. One set has aluminum brake track, the second is all carbon, is there any issues in using the Swiss Stop Carbon brake pads on the aluminum is anything happens and I have to switch in the middle of the race?

1 Like

I encourage you to come out for some of our road rides during the week - there are lots of racers and ex-racers who can provide some useful feedback.

2 Likes

the goal is to get out as much as I can, and as soon as I can, getting tired of the trainer in the basement. Problem is my son and I go to karate every Tuesday Thursday and Sat morning, always same time as the rides. So, trying to find those group rides on Monday, Wednesday Friday, even Sunday

2 Likes

I don’t want to be a buzz kill, but the KW Classic has been cancelled. Due to Regional government demands, the cost to put this race on has become ridiculous and unachievable. I hope you can find another race to be your first. Best of luck.
Kev

1 Like

Well that sucks. Thanks for the update though. May be I take off for a short canoe trip that weekend now. Hope there is something. If not this will be a builing year where I work hard get in shape and next year race. I will stick with TTs this summer.

1 Like

It’s becoming more and more of a problem. I know that RunWaterloo is facing much the same issues. Events are getting pushed further afield into smaller rural areas or private venues due to increased costs.

1 Like