Jigs Hollow Sad

I have learned that one of our favorite gravel roads is getting paved due to the new gravel pit on Peel. Big trucks and paved. Ugh

Closed for construction and wirh new culverts I expect not passable.

1 Like

Looks like just between Peel and Northfield though. That said, I am amazed that a municipality that boarded up the bridge on Peel St can suddenly find infrastructure dollars to roll out an almost literal red (asphalt) carpet for private profit-seeking interests.

4 Likes

Huge different from when I primarily rode road vs. gravel. Then: “New pavement? Cool – new routes.” Now: “Noooooooooooo!” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, “improvements” is definitely subjective here. The “significant raising” of Jigs Hollow at Northfield is also a bit of a buzzkill in terms of gravel fun.

One thing is for sure with the asphalt: the Wednesday Night Jigs Hollow World Champs will start even faster!

3 Likes

@Bikedawn where did you get this information from. Signs are up but so far the road is passable… couldn’t find any reference to this project on the Regions website… it would be nice to monitor progress. We need this road!

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks @Bikedawn