Interest in a Bike packing Adventure to Wildwood Conservation Area

Thank you so much.
Will look and plan to get out on some

A number of years ago Jeremy Haak created many destination gravel adventure rides. There was one around St Mary’s I remember attending. If you have a whole day there before riding back maybe take a look at the route. You can use some or all of it. I found the roads in the area along the rivers nicer than just sticking to Wildwood.

1 Like

Jim, if the end of August ends up being a group thing, I may be interested. Hoping to fit in a couple of jaunts this summer. :> Keep us posted!

1 Like

Love your initiative Emily. Wish I was free! Have fun.

1 Like

Hi! Brand new member here. I’ve been wanting to try bike packing for years, and would love the opportunity if it works out. I have a tricky work schedule, but the initial July 12th-14th works for me if that ends up being a go!

1 Like

Those dates work for me and I’m still interested

1 Like

I’m available and interested still!

1 Like

Hi Emily. I am also interested in doing this. Those dates should work for me.

1 Like

These dates should work for me also, so count me in

1 Like

Thank everyone! Im still confirming some details and will keep you posted in the coming weeks. If anyone else is interested please let me know!

1 Like

I can’t make July 5-6.

Hi All - I am having some trouble with logistics and planning this trip. Turns out booking at wildwood is a bit more complicated than I originally thought, and we are required to book a minimum of 2 nights in July. A couple questions for you if you are still interested in this adventure!

1. Are you more interested in a radio free site, group site (includes private pavillion) or a regular site?

2. Are you willing to pay a portion of a group campsite? Booking the site at Wildwood for a group site is about $600+ for 2 nights.

3. Other option is to book regular sites next to each other but I can only make one reservation which means I will need someone else to book a second site if we have more than 3 people. The regular sites are $50/night so $100 for 2 nights.

4. July 5-7 looks like the best time so if you are interested please sign up here: Wildwood Bike packing Sign Up July 5-7 - Google Forms

My plan will be to bike out to Wildwood on Friday July 5 leaving around 5pm and arriving around 7-8pm to setup camp, eat and relax (I will share a route closer to the date). Next day decide on a route in the area or just hang around camp and go for rides along the trail system at Wildwood (we have some suggestions in the thread for routes). We could wait until noon or so in case anyone would like to arrive on July 6 in the AM. Then head home on Sunday July 7 (I will share a route closer to the date). If you have any other ideas or suggestions I am totally open to it as well!

Thanks!

Emily

Hi. I am still interested and would go for both nights. Either option is fine with me, but if don’t have enough to make group site site worth it then guess sites next to each orher would be better option and make one site where all gather

1 Like

Awesome! I think we will likely end up going with the radio free sites. I have 3 people sign up so far so if we get two more we will have solid numbers to fill 2 sites at Wildwood. Please sign up here if you are interested and I will keep you posted on the site reservation in the coming weeks: Wildwood Bike packing Sign Up July 5-7 - Google Forms