Canada Day BT700

Hi all!

While I wasn’t planning to hit the BT700 this year, the stars have aligned and I have thursday AND friday off for Canada Day. I’m thinking this makes a stab at the BT700 possible! I’m looking for anyone who might be interested in joining me for the trip?

I’m thinking we leave wednesday and aim for ~100km or so that night, and then do the remainder over the next four days, hopefully home for sunday evening. I might cut down the route just a bit via the recommended detours to make it doable at a comfortable pace.

Let me know if you’re interested! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ya, i would be into this. i may need some gear coaching before we start. I have gear, just haven’t put it all together on a ride. maybe you can reach out via email or text.

Excellent! I’ll wait just a few more days and see if there’s any other interested folks, then I’ll reach out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool - I’m actually headed out over the same time frame, but gearing up to do it backwards and likely over 4 and a bit days too :slight_smile:

I’ve been cleaning up the route a bit as the reverse function of ridewithgps doesn’t really like off road trails :slight_smile: - BT700 Backwards 2021 Route - A bike ride in Township of Woolwich, Ontario
(I also know I’ll have no patience for the loopy single track after Mildmay on the way home :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Nice! Perhaps we’ll see you along the route :slight_smile: we are considering cancelling due to the rain, though. we shall see!

I’ve seen that … but weather forecasts, particularly long-range have been so inaccurate the last year or so that my advice is to ignore :slight_smile: … Also heat and rain are both issues to be prepared for and each has pros and cons :slight_smile:

When its that warm and wet out, riding on gravel/trails is pretty comfortable … though the bike takes a beating with all the added dirt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does seem like they keep on improving the forecast for the Canada day weekend. Will be interesting to see if other decide to get out on the route. Just maybe a bit muddier than it was during the dry spell.

1 Like