Hardwood Cross - CX O-Cup #2 - Oct 3

It’s begun, finally, real cx racing. The wonderfully sandy race that is Hardwood Cross is this coming Sunday. If you plan to race be sure to register online before 11:59 Wed night. There isn’t any day of registration, it’s all online.

A CITIZENS PERMIT IS ALL THAT’S REQUIRED TO RACE THIS YEAR! IT’S ONLY ABOUT A $20 UPGRADE FROM YOUR CLUB MEMBERSHIP

Register here.

The tech guide can be found here.

I missed the first O-Cup, but I’ll be out this weekend to have some fun in the sand. There was a good crew out to More Cowbell, who’s in for Hardwood?

Mark

4 Likes

Thanks for the info Mark. I’m signed up, should be interesting!

3 Likes

Way to go Sean! A bunch of the cx regulars from the club will be there. Are you E4? Maybe you can master the sand, win and upgrade to the later race with a bunch of us.

1 Like

Nice! Ya E4. Learned all about sand drinking beer in Mexico, so should be good! :hugs:

1 Like

Thursday night at McLennan we’ll head over to the volleyball courts and try some sand riding.

1 Like

I’m in.

We need to churn up the sand first, it is really hard packed at Mclennan. I barely lost a wheel last night even when turning aggressively.

1 Like

Just signed up! M3. First time racing Hardwood - looking forward to a gong show!

I’ll need that sand practice

3 Likes

Woohoo for the E3 / M2 crowd. Looks like we’re getting split into two fields, with the M2’s starting 1 minute later. That should make the starts of each group a lot cleaner.

3 Likes

Great turnout at the last O-cup, including several first-timers. The course was quite demanding, with some technical turns and ups and downs in the starting portion, followed by an uphill sand run, then a grindy uphill climb, and finishing with more twists and turns and another big run-up.

Mark R and Will A were first up in M3: Congrats Will on your first race at a tough course, and Mark R way to go 5th place.

After that, the E4 race had Sean B, Kevin G, and Matthew A lining up. Sean scored a 1st place, Kevin was 9th, and Matthew was 14th, even though he had to run part of the last lap with a dropped chain.

Kevin at the top of the “Red Bull Runup”:

Matthew in action, and then running to the line:

Sean bossing the race to finish 1st. See you in E3 soon!

Many, many thanks to Lauren Daniells for the amazing pictures. Follow her on Facebook for all the photos.
M3 / E4 race album here. More coming soon from the later races in the day:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10158100887590741&type=3

Next up is Dam cross in Woodstock Saturday, and Belleville O-Cup Sunday. Registration closes at MIDNIGHT tonight!

5 Likes