First recorded Ride with GPS and first ride on my own

Hey there recreational gravel riders! I’m kind of excited because I went out tonight, even though it was 10° and chance of rain …… and I did get a little wet…. but I finished a ride by myself, and I recorded my first ride. So I wanted to share that with you guys and girls.

It wasn’t fast, but it was fun. I didn’t really know where I was going, and I was making it up as I went.

Near the end, I ended up down in Kiwanis and realized I had to go back up the hill to get out of the subdivision. Lol
I also rode on some sidewalks, which I wouldn’t do if I was leading a group…… and I got lost in Breithaupt so I did a detour on some beautiful green grass between two houses. Which I would not do if leading a group. :joy:

Not sure if this link will show my route.

9 Likes

That’s fantastic Patti! Looks like an interesting loop around the city - those are always the most fun, when you’re not really sure where you’re going. I was out riding about the same time yesterday and I also went to Kiwanis park. Sometime when you’re feeling (even more) adventurous, there is a nice trail along the river, that starts at Kiwanis park and ends at the roundabout in Bridgeport (Bridge & Lancaster) (It’s the blue trail on your map). The surface isn’t paved, but it’s hard packed. Also out that way is the RIM park trail which is fully paved.
Jon

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I’m definitely up to trying new routes.

I can handle most terrain but at my speed. Lol.