CX Social - Meadowlane Park Sept 18 - 10am

This Saturday, Sept 18th, we’re going put on the club’s usual cx social but this year in Meadowlane Park where we usually hold Saturday practice.

We’ll have skills clinics to go over all of the cyclo-cross basics. There will also be a short course constructed in the park which we’ll use for skills practice and a couple short “races”. The WCC tent will be there as a socially distanced gathering point.

Come on out to have some fun on your cx, mountain or gravel bike. If you don’t have any of the above just come and chat, it is a social after all. Members of all ages and abilities are welcome. I’ll be creating an event and sign-up sheet later tonight.

We’ll have a big outdoor space so it should be easy to follow social distancing and such. I’ll make sure there is hand sanitizer and some cleaning products at the tent.

If you’re able to bike there please do! There is limited parking on Glen Park Cres by the school and usually the school parking lot is fair game, but we shouldn’t overwhelm the neighborhood. I’ll post a map later highlighting the limited parking.

We’ll aim for 10am to have everything ready to go and will likely wrap up somewhere around 2pm, depending on attendance.

Hope to see you there.

Sign-up Form

Some of the close by parking is highlighted in red. Obviously you can park pretty much anywhere in the surrounding neighborhoods’.

5 Likes

Hi @MarkW,

Great to hear this is back!

One note: the [event start…] tag must be on a separate line to be processed. Please edit the post and add a couple of carriage returns after the end of your name before the [ for it to show up in “Upcoming Events”.

Thanks,
Bill

1 Like

Given this is a social event do the normal “members only” rules apply? Reason I ask is that I’m always looking at getting my family more involved in cycling and both wife and son have expressed some in interest in CX. This would be a great way of determining if this is something they would like to pursue without too much commitment. Of course, memberships would come afterwards if they like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ve always encouraged members to bring family in the past, so by all means, bring them along! I think we’re expecting attendance will be light this year, as there is a lot of racing and events going on every weekend, but it should still be a lot of fun.

1 Like