CX Practices

I was taking a look at the landscaping plans for Silver Lake in Waterloo Park, and I think we might have a candidate for a new CX practice venue; it comes close to almost everything you need!

• [x] sand
  • [x] off-camber grass features
  • [x] stairs
  • [ ] bridge
  • [x] beer (maybe not in the park itself, but Ethel’s is pretty close)

Yes I’m joking, but it’s fun to dream of playing on bikes in the park

2 Likes

Waterloo Park used to have a velodrome!

5 Likes

10,000 spectators! If we could get just 1% of that at KWCX, we’d be golden!

2 Likes

At Silver Lake you’d have another important element too. The heckeler(s). All the families and university students wouldn’t hold back…not to mention the Cobra Chickens errr geese.

I do look forward to practice this summer. I do have something new in mind that will be fun even with social distancing and group size restrictions.

Somehow I expect the heckling might not be as good-natured as it’s supposed to be!

I’ve seen that clipping before… and since then I occasionally daydream, while riding my bike, of recreating this track and holding a summer evening race series of varying age/category levels…have a few ice cream trucks and families sitting on the surrounding grass hills watching the races.

Then I realize it’s not hockey and won’t get enough support or interest. :neutral_face:

1 Like

What if we give the riders sticks and allow body checking??

Then you’re playing bike polo.

1 Like

Hey, you might be joking but Waterloo Park used to have an outdoor velodrome/track, so we can dream!