Where to find local running routes?

So I normally use the club ridewithgps route map for route ideas but is there something similar for local running routes?

My wife it getting into longer runs and is looking for inspiration. Both on and off road routes would be great!

How long is “longer” @Oliver_Smith ?
I run regularly and often with a group from Runner’s Choice. They actually have several groups and are very welcoming to both new and expensive runners.

1 Like

She is going up to around 15 to 20 km I think. Issue is fitting it around other stuff she has on ( and all my cycling :slight_smile: ) but I’ll mention the runners choice group. Do they have a route library?

I have been running with the KW trail runners, mostly Monday evenings. In the middle of winter it was just a handful of people but more are joining now as the weather (supposedly) is improving. The pace is not fast usually 6.5 mins per km moving time AND they regroup for everyone to catch up. Its been pretty cool as I have got to know a lot of the running trails in the area. Usually distances are a little over 10k but often hilly. For a feel of what is going on just join their facebook group with no expectations to run: KW Trail Runners | Facebook

2 Likes

In years past, a standard (and challenging) training route would often include Wilmot Line heading toward Erb St.

Jon

1 Like

Check out the runners choice marathon group here.
https://www.runnerschoicewaterloo.com/saucony-marathon-team
There’s a small membership fee and lots of store discounts and other benefits. They do around that distance on Saturday and Sunday mornings and some intervals on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Uptown along the trail and around the conservation area and back is about 18k and it’s the group’s standard Sunday run.

1 Like

@Michael is one of our resident ultra long distance runners. He might be able to help with route suggestions. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also happy to share some of my favorite routes leaving from my place near Breithaupt park. Don’t have a rwgps route but you can follow the Grand river along the ‘economical insurance’ trail from bingemans to Kiwanis park, with only a bit of pavement. Depending where you start can be 15-25km out and back and the bit from bingemans to bridge street has some nice up/down

2 Likes

Check out the Health and Performance club in Waterloo http://www.health-performance.ca/

It’s free to join and there’s tonnes of group rides and events. But as previously mentioned, some popular running routes are on the west side Waterloo on Wilmot line and the roads East/West. Strava has some good routes you can check out also.

1 Like