Volunteers Needed For KWCX

The Waterloo Cycling Club’s annual cyclo-cross race KWCX will take place October 24. We need some volunteers to help build the course on Saturday the 23 and to fill a variety of roles on race day.

If you can only volunteer a portion of the day on the 23 for course set up that’s fine. We’ll take all the help we can get. Have an able bodied teenager laying around the house? Sign them up! The sooner the course is constructed the sooner we can pre-ride and make adjustments.

Can’t volunteer and don’t race cross? You’re more than welcome to come by on race day and see what a cross race is all about.

We’ll provide snacks and a lunch for volunteers each day. If you have dietary restrictions shoot me a pm and let me know. The usual plan for the 24 is pizza from Boston Pizza.

KWCX website for all the info.

SignUp page.

Mark

6 Likes

I’m going to bump this.

Response has been amazing so far. We are just looking for a few to check on covid screening at the parking lot.

It has been going smoothly at other races on the screening side. The more we can get to volunteer the shorter the time period you will have to be there!

Thanks All.

Yes, if we have multiple volunteers for parking assistant/covid screening we can assign shorter shifts. You can leave comments when you sign up and I can open more spots. There are two available right now. If the weather is a bit wet I’ll have something in place to give these volunteers some shelter.

We can always use a team tent, KWCA has multiple tents and we can borrow one if needs be.

We still need a few volunteers to act as COVID screeners/parking assistants. You don’t actually have to screen people, you’re just checking a receipt people receive after they’ve completed the online COVID screening form. If they haven’t completed the form they will need to before proceeding to the race.

After you’ve checked their screening receipt you give them a couple instructions for parking and that’s it. We’ll have a tent to hopefully help shelter you from the tiny bit of rain we might get on Sunday.

Four slots are open, and the more people that sign up the shorter the shifts. Leave a comment for which portion of the day you’d prefer.