Sad sad news

I think a trail on the HC should be named after Igor. That would be perfectly fitting given all the work he put into the cut.

A sign on Bamberg would also be great.

I would gladly chip in towards any memorial cost.

4 Likes

Frankenstein could be renamed. It was the first trail Igor and Ron designed.

3 Likes

I still always refer to ā€œIgorā€™s Rockā€ on Frankenstein.

Something more would be a great idea.

3 Likes

Now I donā€™t know what rock youā€™re referring to, but it immediately made me think of the memorial to Fred Schneider, located partway down Old Baldy:

Itā€™s pretty classy/inconspicuous. A lot of people donā€™t even know itā€™s there ā†’ it ā€œblends inā€ to nature quite nicely. Igor would want something like that. Perhaps something similar?

I do like like the other ideas here as well though.

Gaelen

3 Likes

ā€œIgorā€™s Rockā€ is a feature to the side of the trail that you can ride over. Itā€™s a fast section and not a great spot to stop and read, although the intersection for Frankenstein and The Bride might be a good spot.

3 Likes

A memorial rock seems appropriate. Something immovable, part of the land and forest.

2 Likes

Maybe at the junction of the trails. (I canā€™t remember what that area is called but where people stop to gather before hitting the different trails)

1 Like

The junction has no name that i know of ā€“ i am assuming you mean the one by the start of Frankenstein.

If people are serious about this someone is going to have to talk to the Hydrocut Committee and I am not sure what their response will be like.

1 Like

Another suggestion was to have an annual MTB/trail award given in Igorā€™s name.

I think this would be an excellent idea.

Thanks to Brent Ellis for a nice tribute to Igor at the WCC social last night.

I wrote a short piece about Igor in my blog a while back: A Tremendous Loss in the Cycling Community ā€“ RideCycleSpin

He is missed.

7 Likes