Nominees for the 2023 Board of Directors

There will be five positions up for election for the Board of Directors at the 2023 AGM. The following nominees are running for those positions:

Jim Daley (running again)

I have been an avid cyclist since the early 1990s. I have been a member of the club since 2019, primarily riding gravel. I joined the Board in 2021 and am currently serving as Treasurer. I also became a ride leader in 2022 helping to plan and lead the Wednesday and Saturday gravel rides. I am an accountant and retired from a career in commercial banking several years ago. I have also served on a number of NPO boards over the years. I look forward to using this experience to continue serving the members of the club.

Brent Ellis (running again)

I’m proud to be a Lifetime Achievement Award recipient and look forward to continuing to help cycling grow in the Waterloo Region. I’m a past Treasurer and President of the Waterloo Cycling Club and one of the founding members of the WCC Trails Committee. Presently I am the Chair of the WCC Trails Committee.

Scott Nevin

I’m a life-long cyclist and have been a member of WCC for about 25 years. I’ve previously been on the Board and have been a ride leader for about 10 years. Retirement has given me more time time to ride and get more involved in the Club.

Karl Spangler

In my 25 year career I have held many technical and people leadership roles culminating in CTO/CIO level responsibilities for global s/w, architecture and operational excellence. From a sales perspective I currently support global sales support for new product and go-to-market in partnership with Google, Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. In both cases I would happy to provide my experience in maturing the clubs position in the community and help move cycling in a growth path.

Carla Wilson (running again)

I’ve been riding with the Waterloo Cycling Club since we moved to Waterloo in 2015 and have enjoyed the cycling community very much. I started in the Learn to Group Ride and enjoyed Recreational rides after the six-week introduction was completed. On the Board, I can contribute ideas to encourage more cyclists to try club activities and better support newer members. I take part in several events every year eg. The Tour de Grand, Tour de Norfolk, the Dunnville Tour, The Big Ride for Alzheimer’s with WCC and it would be great to see more WCC uniforms in these events.

4 Likes