Dusty Nostril 8hr Gravel Race

Team registered! Joel and I are already part of the team. @Hyrum_Merino and @VikramSubramanian I sent you both a direct message through the forum. Send me your email addresses and I’ll send you the team invite link.

2 Likes

@Oliver_Smith your math looks correct. I’m thinking about the same thing for our team. We could potentially start with some under 40-minute laps, but the lap times will invariably climb as the day progresses. It’s quite an interesting prospect - the relay format changes the effort into basically two or three really hard efforts around threshold with some long rests in between. With solo it’s a very different sort of effort, trying to pace out your max over 8 hours.

2 Likes

Hey @Hyrum_Merino just following up with joining the team. Not sure if you saw the message I sent. If you can’t make it now, no problems but I wanted to check.

1 Like

Oh shoot let me do that and n the math 30 kph is a little optimistic at my level of fitness this year I’m more on the 25 kph

1 Like

Oh don’t worry, that was easy math numbers I doubt I’m near 30 either :slight_smile: maybe on a road bike!

can you resend me the link to join i cant find it in my email

1 Like

Yes, I just need you email. I sent you mine in a direct message there should be one in the top right of the forum. If you click on the picture of you it should show your messages.

1 Like

Now I have the team stuff or sorted out (Thanks @blakeellis @kaellis and @Msteven !) I’m getting excited for the event. It looks like there were more details sent to team captains a week before but since I was a little late registering the team maybe I didn’t get it?

Really the questions I have are pretty basic :slight_smile:

• I thought I saw a pickup of race stuff on Saturday but I can’t seem to find that in the tech guide now. Do we pickup race number etc on the day?

• Are there going to be food trucks or other places to get food or should we be bringing our own food to sustain us post breakfast? I couldn’t find this in the tech guide and it says more information soon on the website.

• I’m guessing limited seating around the site so bringing folding chairs to rest our legs between laps would be a good idea?

Good morning Oliver!
We will be sending out a detailed letter once registration closes that will hopefully provide all the details for the day’s event. In the meantime though the answers to your questions are as follows:

• Registration & number pickup will be on Sunday morning ONLY now at the Rec Complex from 7:30-8:30.
  • In addition to the complimentary pancake breakfast the Rotary Club will be hosting a bbq and bake sale from 11-5:30 at the pavilion in the back of the REC Complex. They will have burgers, chicken burger, veggie wrap, fruits and baked goods to purchase with all of the proceeds going to the new “all wheels park” getting built shortly in Milverton. Depending on your nutritional preferences you may still want to bring your own food for the day since you will be racing and don’t want any gastro issues. They will remain open until 5:30 though so that racers have a chance to purchase food after the race is finished and before the awards ceremony.
  • The sports field behind the complex is open for us to use and set up a “home base” for teams to hang out. You are welcome to bring a tent or canopy, folding chairs, etc so that when you aren’t racing you can chill out and hang with other racers. We want everyone to have a great time - there will be music playing as well but try not to dance too much and tire out the legs!
  • Also, the pool is available from 1-4 for all racers complimentary of CW and any non-racers can enjoy the pool for a small fee.
    A lot of info has been shared on our facebook and instagram pages so if you haven’t checked them out yet maybe keep an eye on them for fun info!

Let me know if you have other questions!
Kelly

1 Like

If anyone else is looking for a team let me know and I might be game. Otherwise I might ride it solo which probably isn’t wise.

1 Like

Logistically speaking, we’re gonna have the club tent and bike rack on site. Folding chairs and or tables are always helpful, or if anyone has extra pop-up tents bring 'em along. The tent is a good size, but it can at most fit maybe 6 people on folding chars underneath. Bike rack should hold about 10-12 bikes.

1 Like