I’m posting this message on behalf of Paola Rowe.
How about a little on this bleak, gray, cold November day?
You’re receiving this email because you may be interested in participating in a cycling trip to Riccione, Italy in June 2024 to do some riding and take in 2 stages of the 2024 Tour de France. I’ve been in touch with the Hotel Fedora to get current pricing information and a group rate discount. Attached you’ll find detailed information regarding the accommodation, bike services including rentals, travel information, etc. You are responsible for your room booking, bike rental if you are not bringing your own bike, and travel arrangements.
This bike trip is open to all passionate cyclists, so please share with your friends.
Let me know if you would like to join us and, if you have any questions, contact me directly.
Hope to hear from you!
November 24, 2023
How Would You Like to Experience the 2024 Tour de France…in Italy?
On Saturday, June 29, 2024, the 111th Tour de France will begin in Italy with the first stage starting in Florence and ending in Rimini!
The 205 km stage with 3,800 metres of climbing will be played out over the Apennine Mountains from the challenging climb of the Valico Tre Faggi to the slopes of the Republic of San Marino, then on to the finishing line in Rimini. The Hotel Fedora, one of the premiere bike hotels in the area, is located in Riccione just a few kilometres south of Rimini. It is organizing a 7-day bike tour starting Monday, June 24 to Sunday, June 30. Riccione is on the Adriatic coast,160 km south of Venice. It is a haven for cyclists of all levels and abilities. My husband and I have been there numerous times and both the cycling routes and the Hotel’s quality of services are excellent.
The arrival date in Riccione is Sunday, June 23 with cycling starting the following day. This allows time for bike fitting for those who are renting bikes and setup for those bringing their own bikes. There will be 7 days of cycling with options to take a rest day(s) at any point. The hotel will arrange routes on both June 29 (lower slopes of San Marino) and June 30 (Cesenatico) to see the first 2 stages of the Tour. The Cesenatico stage is an individual time trial which allows much more time to view the riders.
There are 3 options for Accommodations:
1) Room located at the Hotel Fedora with the Active Bike Package
The cost is €2160 for 8 nights for double occupancy* (€1080/per person). The cost for single occupancy is also €2160. As this is peak holiday season in Riccione, there is no discount for single occupancy. There is also a City Tax of €2 per person/per night to a maximum of 7 nights. As the Fedora is located right on the beach each room has a balcony with a lateral sea view.
2) Room located at the Hotel Fedora with the Top Bike Package
The cost is €2390 for 8 nights for double occupancy* (€1195/per person). The cost for single occupancy is also €2390. As this is peak holiday season in Riccione, there is no discount for single occupancy. There is also a City Tax of €2 per person/per night to a maximum of 7 nights. This room can accommodate 3 people and has double balconies with a direct sea view and free bar fridge offerings.
3) 2-Room Apartments located 400m from the Hotel Fedora. All meals and bike storage, setup, maintenance and laundry will be at the Hotel. The cost is €2090 for 8 nights for double occupancy* (€1045/per person). The cost for single occupancy is also €2090. As this is peak holiday season in Riccione, there is no discount for single occupancy. There is also a City Tax of €2 per person/per night to a maximum of 7 nights. This apartment can accommodate 3 people, 2 in the bedroom (double or twin) and a sofa bed in the living room.
*If you would like to share a room with someone, let me know and I will connect you with others that are also looking to share.
Your Accommodation cost includes:
- a spacious, newly renovated, sound-proofed (for a good night’s sleep) room with a double bed, Smart TV, telephone, air conditioning, safe, mini-bar and balcony with a sea view (excluding the apartment)
- a welcome drink & snacks on arrival
- 3 buffet meals per day consisting of a high-energy, nutritious breakfast, a post-ride afternoon buffet (from 1 pm to 3 pm) with pasta, vegetables, salads, fresh fruits and desserts and an extensive buffet dinner at 7:30 pm
- sparkling water and local red & white wines
- 3 levels of cycling routes each day led by expert guides
- bananas and water for your ride
- free laundry service for your cycling clothes
- safe & secure bike storage
- on-site mechanic for bike-fitting & minor repairs
- free WiFi
- unlimited access to the Hotel’s wellness centre “AreaStone” with sauna, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, relaxation area and hydro massage showers
- 3 outdoor pools
Booking & Payment
To book your room contact Claudio Righetti, owner/manager of the Fedora Hotel, at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, let him know you are part of the Gruppo Paola Rowe and that you will be checking in June 23/24 with checkout on July 1/24.
You will then receive a personalized response from ClaudioHotelFedora with the 3 accommodation offers listed above. To view them:
Go to the Click here and check out our best offer box.
Select one of the 3 options and click on the Book This Offer field.
Fill out the form and click on Send a Booking Request.
In the Message field located at the top of the screen, indicate you are with Gruppo Paola Rowe and, if you are sharing a room, the name of the person you are sharing with. Press Send.
A €200 deposit/per person is due upon booking. Preferred payment is by credit card but can also be made by international bank transfer. You will receive an email from the Fedora with all the necessary information.
Cancellations can be made up to 30 days before your arrival date. In case of later cancellations, 30% of the entire stay will be charged or the paid deposit will be kept. . Bookings should be made no later than February 28, 2024.
Please email me (email@example.com) once you have booked so I can add you to our group list and if you are sharing a room, let me know with whom.
If you choose not to bring your own bike, rentals are available. They are good quality carbon road bikes. Check out the selection here. E-bikes are also available. When filling out the online form, please indicate in the Notes field that:
a) you are with Gruppo Paola Rowe;
b) whether you are bringing your own pedals and/or seat; and,
c) if you prefer a 30 or 32 cassette to make the hill-climbing a little easier.
All rentals should be made as soon as possible after your booking to ensure that you receive the type of bike requested. Bikes will be waiting for you at the hotel when you arrive and an on-site mechanic will assist you with any bike fitting or modifications required.
Flight arrangements are your responsibility. The most common access points to Riccione are the cities of Bologna and Venice. You can request airport-to-hotel transfer recommendations from the Fedora Hotel by filling out their online form located on the Transfer Service for Cyclists page of their website.
If your non-cycling partner/spouse/friend wants to join you, many hotel services are available to them. The cost is the same as for cyclists. More information regarding area cultural attractions is available upon request.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly.
Looking forward to hearing from you.