Catagories -- Ride, Race, Lead -- Do we need more?

Hi,

For reference, in the Google Groups we had a lead group, but I retired it because it wasn’t used much and there was a lot of misuse related to it. Many “Lead” discussions fit equally well in other categories and that is where they have traditionally been posted. We have a private member lounge for topics that really don’t fit elsewhere. If anything, I would think there should be a public lounge rather than a Lead category.

If there is a reasonable likelihood that some public categories will be provided, that should be considered now. Categories that we tell people are private should remain private. If we plan to makes some categories public, that should be clear to members right from the start. That is why I’m suggesting a public lounge above.

On the topic of rides. The suggestion that Tom made is our current recommendation. Pre-ride planning in Ride group, post ride write-up and photos in General Public. Some ride leaders such as Ana-Maria did a very good job of this. That also gives members the choice as it relates to the scope of the information they share like the discussion on photos. Some may want to share photos with club only. Others are happy to share them with the world. That proposal allows for both.

I like that we don’t have too many categories to start with. The more categories, the more miscategorized posts that need to be moved. We can add more later if needed.

Cheers,
Bill

2 Likes