Tour de France discussion

Wow

Great ride by Ben Oā€™Conner

But look how Pogacar turned it on at the end and just blew away from everyone. Not looking like he will get caught unless something unexpected happens.

Anyone know what happened to Van der Poel?

DNF to prep for the Olympics.

Iā€™m guessing we will hear that from a short list of other riders this week.
Leaving the tour now allows for some recovery, a small training block and then taper to the Olympic road race (or MTB for VdP).

1 Like

It took an :australia: for a French team to get a stage win :rofl:
Iā€™m sure they let him go because he was 8 minutes down, but what a way to jump the GC
As for MVDP - how is that for doing what you want. Come in take yellow for a week then see-ya Iā€™m off to prep for the Olympics, thanks for a fun week, I made your Tour exciting for onceā€¦good luck having an entertaining tour without me.

2 Likes

And everyone was wondering what Cav would do at Deceuninck-Quick Step. Coming in on a sponsor only pay cheque, what a deal that was for the team!

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming the designers at Specialized are hard at work reviving the ā€œcvndshā€ line of premium products. Gotta make up for slow sales for the ā€œsaganā€ product line Iā€™m guessing.

1 Like

Side noteā€¦looks like Sagan is moving to Total Energie with his entourage (Oss, Bodnar, brotherā€¦) and Specialized bikesā€¦

Todayā€™s stageā€¦ Ventoux x2 !!! :scream:

1 Like

Yay!

A Canadian is wining something! Way to to Michael Woods leading the polka dot jersey!

4 Likes

UCI needs to fine Pogacar for hair sticking out of his helmet. I suggest $10k for every centimetre.

3 Likes

I figure theyā€™re not doing anything because of the aero penalty he gets for said hair sticking out. :wink:

2 Likes