2021 Giro - May Include Spoilers!

I love the scenery and commentating in the tour but the Giro is a more emotional race and more animated. Not sure if that’s due to team selection, parcours or a combination of both. The super steep climbs of the Giro make it more man versus man (If the teams can deliver their GC riders to the steep sections safely). :slight_smile:

I only caught the highlights. Does GCN race pass have a monthly subscription? I missed the deal they had for the year.

It’s GCN plus… I missed the deal as well, as I figured I’d be riding all summer - too busy to watch TV. I picked up the GCN+ subscription for the year at full price - but it’s still worth every penny. They DO have a monthly subscription fee as well… I don’t know the exact price - but i did see a figure of 9.00 US$/month. You get ad free coverage of EVERY race around - not just the big races. It’s amazing - especially when you are stuck indoors.
They also have the most amazing documentaries and films to watch, I get my cycling fix without sweating. :wink: LOL

2 Likes

End of todays stage was fantastic. Well deserved win! :slight_smile:

The Giro is awesome this year, really enjoyed watching the race. It’s by far the most stages of a grand tour I’ve watched in years.

2 Likes

It’s been the classic dichotomy of GC contenders and stage win hopefuls. Massive climbs and nail biter sprints. All you could ask for and wall to wall coverage on GCN+.

1 Like

It’s one of the best GT’s I’ve seen in years. Hoping Ganna rips the legs off everyone tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

Spoiler below

Summary

Not only did he rip the legs off the others…he averaged 54km/h on a 30km time trial…with a puncture/bike change. :exploding_head:
Cavagna also impressive coming in 2nd and crashing…

A classic finish. Contesting the final TT and just enough nail biting over the GC ranking.

Spoilers

It was amazing, I literally panicked when Ganna flatted but then Remi forgot the course and endo’d trying to stop before the barrier! Both recovered and continued well though

I’m really glad Ganna won, he is literally a once in a generation talent on the TT bike. He averaged almost 54kmh with a flat and bike change, just mind boggling.

Bernal was a very worthy winner and Caruso was also incredible. What a GT I just love this race.

2 Likes