Paris to Ancaster 100k, 70k, 45k, or 20k. April 24, 2022

Just for fun, I’ve been wondering what the 100km start could be. I think the relatively straightforward choice from the fairgrounds might be something like this:

1. Short paved section form the fairgrounds along Keg lane until Nith road
  2. Big long straightaway along Nith road.
  3. West along Dumfries road
  4. two significant climbs on W river road towards Glen Morris road
  5. after the bridge they could send us down to the rail trial, where we’d connect with the classic route at the climb out of the rail trail -or- from the bridge, we just head south on McPherson School Rd to rejoin the route along McLean School Road

Who knows, maybe they have something completely different planned out? :thinking:

3 Likes

I signed up for 70k wave 3. See you at the start @JimDaley !

3 Likes

I’m in for the 70k route with the…uh emm…
VIP package :slight_smile: Fun surprise from my deferral of two years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay, gambling a little, signed up for 70k wave 3!

3 Likes

Drew and I just signed up for 70km (Wave 1) yesterday.

Wave 1 is a foot shallower and 20mins quicker

A.

4 Likes

An Idea…

We used to list everyone who was signed up here in the forum, so that we could coordinate rides and plate pick up. And then we’d all meet at the start and pool together into our respective waves.

I used to recall over 50+ names on the list across all the waves.

And we’d set up the WCC tent at the end. What a day to ride together and celebrate.

Good Memories…

3 Likes

Ahhh Alain. I love the memories. I was in every P2A from 2002 to 2018, when I decided to “retire” from the event. I love the chatter and the photos. It’s a fantastic event - bringing the cycling community together for usually the first time each year. And there’s something for everyone - pros to beginners.

Steve

6 Likes

Well ya twisted my rubber arm. I’m in for the 70k, wave 4 though since everything else is full… at least this year I have fancy tires with knobs.

4 Likes

I like this idea of collecting information. Could we have a wiki post, I believe Discourse supports that? Not sure how hard that is to implement?

I would certainly value mining the brain trust of prior participants on things like gearing, tire pressures, tire choice etc… The FAQ on the P2A website seems a bit thin on the ground on that sort of thing. Maybe those are trade secrets :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well I signed up for the 70k. 3rd wave. That’s what snoozing will do. First time I tried this I started 4th wave with 1600 other riders in front of me. A local rider beside me at the start finished in the top 200. :racehorse:
The mud was deep😱

4 Likes

They used to publish a “start list” that would keep refreshing up until race day…so you could see the club members in each category and post them here.

The idea really was to get people thinking…hey, I could/should join this since all my friends are registering. Kinda like we are doing here right now.

Don’t see a published start list on-line. So, we can start with manual old school tally of the above responses. Lemme know if I’ve got it wrong, below.

I can edit this post, as we go along to keep it up to date. Or until someone less old school than me can figure a better way.

I predict that we will hit 40+ WCC Club members by race day.

28 people so far.

100km

Kevin G. (wave 1)
Thiago B. (wave 1)
Dave G. (wave 2)
Felipe S. (wave 2)
Matty G. (wave 2)
Robbie D. (???)
Sean T. (???)

70km

Joel R. (VIP)
Orrin B. (VIP)
Adam L. (wave 1)
Drew M. (wave 1)
Alain F. (wave 1)
Mark R. (wave 1)
Matty B. (???)
Jim D. (wave 3)
Ana Maria B. (wave 3)
Kate M. (wave 3)
Kari H. (wave 3)
Oliver S. (wave 3)
Brian (wave 3)
Tommy B. (wave 3)
Gus (wave 3)
Jeff S. (wave 3)
Charles H. (wave 4)
Gwen M. (wave 4)

45 Km

Chris K. (wave 1)

20 Km

Lauren D.
Devon D.

3 Likes

You can add Kate Morgan 70k wave 3

3 Likes

Awwww! Lauren and Devon in the 20K!
I’m signed up for 70K wave 4 with Charlie. I’m excited and hope it doesn’t get cancelled this year!

3 Likes

I’ve managed to get in on 70km Wave 3.

I’ve never ridden this event before so I’m excited!
(hopefully my old bike holds up!)

5 Likes

I’m signed up for 70k wave 2!

4 Likes

I’m in for 70k Wave 1. Curious to find out where this mystery startline in Cambridge will be. Maybe same place as Tour de Grand?

5 Likes

I’m signed up for 70kW3. See you there. First time, looking forward to it!
Gus

3 Likes

Yeah the later start is the penalty for sitting on the fence too long… maybe it’s a sign I shoulda signed up to do the 100k instead.

3 Likes

I have signed up for the 45Km Wave 1.

Hopefully there are some other from the club that pick the 45k

2 Likes

I signed up for the 70k wave 3.

Jeff

5 Likes