New Road Wheels, how do they feel?

So after planning on taking my time to stretch this out over the winter…I just pulled the trigger on a set of EliteWheels 50V. The Canadian sales agency had a sale (still on for a couple of more days) plus the ability to use Split it to pay for it so I got them for about 1150 CDN all in and will pay for them over the next 12 months in equal amounts with no interest :+1:

Did 73kms on them yesterday afternoon. They transmit more road feel than the aluminum rims and feel more agile. I think if I was a beginner they might have felt skittish. They accelerate easier and penetrate the wind better. Crosswinds aren’t fun but I’m not sure it’s noticeably worse than the previous rims - and they were only about 24mm deep. In any case, they don’t unload all at once so handling crosswinds is stable. I think they are louder too. No issues stopping. In fact, in the dry that I rode in, I think they stop faster. They certainly look killer.

3 Likes

Nice! What spokes? (they look like bladed spokes in the photo, but hard to tell)? Oh, I see the description says “carbon spoke wheelset” - what does that mean?

Jon

According to the manufacturer they are high-modulus carbon spokes. They have them listed as CS-01, 3.3mm wide aero bladed spokes,