Thursday Threshold Ride?

Just wondering if there is a Threshold ride happening tonight, and if so if it’ll be starting from RIM Park at 6pm?

Yes there is a ride tonight but at 5:30 pm and at RIM park. There have been some issues with the permissions. I have modified your account, can you check now and see if you see more? There should be 4 rides in the calendar tonight.

1 Like

Not sure why u can’t see them - hopefully someone here can help on. Tonight is on, and I expect there will be a ride Saturday.

WCC Member Group Ride

Date: Sept 28th
Start Time: 5:30 pm
Estimated Finish Time: 7:00 pm
Discipline: Road
Culture: Group 1, 2 and 3
Approximate Distance: 57km

Start Location:
RIM Park - Northeast Lot
https://www.google.com/maps?ll=43.519468,-80.501471&z=18&t=m&hl=en-US&gl=US&mapclient=embed&q=Waterloo,+ON+N2K+4K4+Canada

Route
--------
Elora Loop - Daylight is shortening quickly!

ridewithgps.com

Elora Loop

Thursday night standard route. Shorter route for spring and fall. Updated spring 2022 to avoid poor pavement on 2nd line east around Ponsonby base… - 57.4 km, +333 m. Bike ride in RIM Park, Waterloo, Ontario

Note
Martin has kindly volunteered to continue to run this ride a bit longer into the season with an even earlier start (5:30 pm). I’m posting for groups 1, 2 and 3 but the number of people showing up later in the season generally shrinks so I would not be surprised if there is only 1 group (so be warned G3 riders, it might get spicy!). Obviously getting dark quick now so bring lights.

Ride Leader: Martin Wolniczek

The Thursday “Threshold” Group Road Ride focuses on longer efforts at your threshold intensity level. This type of training ride prepares the cyclist for a steady effort when riding in a peloton or up a long climb. You may expect longer pulls of 2 to 3 minutes at your lactate threshold before finding recovery in the group.

This very popular group ride typically breaks into as many as 5 groups based on solo pace ability for 60km. When choosing your group, keep in mind that you will be pulling your group members for a minimum of 3-minutes at the described pace which is going to be at your threshold level or slightly above. The distance of this ride will range between 50km and 80km based on available light with routes often including Elora and Fergus.

If you have specific questions prior to your ride please ask here.
Thanks & enjoy your Ride!

1 Like

Thanks for the help Oliver. Unfortunately it’s still only showing me the virtual ride in the calendar.

okay, let me ping the IT staff and see if I can get some help. Might take a little while to get this fixed :frowning:

1 Like

Hi Oliver,
I am also new and see nothing in the calender