King Street Cycles Monday Night Ladies Ride - May 8

I am excited to announce that we will be starting the King Street Cycles Monday Night Ladies Ride! We will ride at Puslinch tonight as the trails there should be dry by this evening after the rain yesterday. Here is a map to the parking lot: Puslinch Tract. (Note: The Townline Rd ramp is likely still closed. Take the Franklin exit instead, if travelling there eastbound on the 401.)

Some details about the rides:

• The ride leaves at 6:30pm, unless otherwise communicated. Try to arrive at least 5-10 minutes earlier to make sure you and your bike are ready and to get organized into your ride group.

• Groups will be divided according to pace. There will be a pre-assigned leader for each group. (Typically we split into 2 to 3 groups, depending on the number of participants.)

• All participants need to be in good health. We will follow public health guidelines.

• All riders need to have a bike in working order, wear a helmet and be self-sufficient in terms of tools, tubes, water and snacks.

• Participants are encouraged to sign-up for the ride in advance. This will give us a general idea of how many people are riding and the number of groups needed. A new form will be made available each week. You cannot sign up for future weeks in advance.

Memberships:

For insurance reasons, all riders need to be a member of either the King Street Cycles or Waterloo Cycling Club. If you haven’t already joined, you will need to do so in advance of the ride.

Members of both clubs are eligible to receive a 10% discount on in stock parts and accessories from King Street Cycles throughout the season.

Everyone needs to sign a King Street Cycles waiver to participate. You can do this by either:

• Completing the waiver at King Street Cycles (Click here for King Street Cycles hours)
  • Print the waiver, scan and email it to me
  • Print the waiver and give it to me at the beginning of the ride
  • Completing a waiver at the trailhead in advance of the ride (I will bring some paper copies with me)

Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Really looking forward to getting back out on the trails!

Jo

1 Like

Hi there! I see “MTB” mentioned – would this group ride be suitable for gravel bike riders too or no? (If yes I will aim to join in another occasion.)

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. We will be riding singletrack trails. Although it is possible to use a gravel bike, it is not recommended.

Ok, great to know – thank you