Hessen Strasse Adopt- a - Road: April 20th

Yes I can be there for either shift if needed.Just signed up for the 11-1pm shift. Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Yaaas !

The inside word is we are almost there !

9 in each shift.

Thanks everyone who is signing up as the weekend approaches.

Volunteering your time, does “feel good”. It’s not about being the fastest rider. It’s about stepping up and leading the club forward. And when you ride past that sign at the corner of Hessen Streese and Moser Young. You’ll feel different about yourself every time.

A.

I’d love to help with the clean up, but can only stay until 10am on Sat. Happy to start earlier (i.e., before 9), if that’s ok?

1 Like

Thanks @emily.lloyd !!

1 Like

@Natalka why don’t you just do 9 to 10 - we can make that work. Please use the form to sign up if you can make it

2 Likes

Sounds good @Scott. Done!

3 Likes

I’m signed up for the 11am shift.

3 Likes

Hi I signed up for the 9-11 shift. I haven’t been to one of these before so is there anything I need to know other than appropriate clothes and shoes? Do most people ride there ? Any other tips?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi. We’ll send out a note for everyone tonight or tomorrow but you should be all good. It seems most people drive, but riders might get an extra cookie!!

Okay I’m in for 9 am. My wife has a conflict but I’ll be bringing my son.

1 Like

Sorry I won’t be able to make it. I won’t have enough time between work shifts and fitting in a pre race spin. Hopefully next time!

@Emily_driedger No problem!!

Well it turned into a cool breezy morning for the road cleanup. Snow was in the air on and off for the first shift. Warm food available afterwards. Mmm. Excellent attendance. I think we went further than ever on Hessen Strasse. Well done Scott and Kerry. And WCC volunteers.

7 Likes

5 Likes

That was a nice walk! Cold, but our group of four had the tailwind direction. :grimacing:
Everything was nicely organized and the chili and snacks were definitely appreciated!

6 Likes

Maybe we can get co-sponsors for next year?

I am thinking

or

5 Likes

Well…… that was epic! Snow, hail, wind, a little sun and FIFTY bags of garbage collected!!! Thanks so much to all our hardworking volunteers!! And special thanks to @KGale for her behind the scenes efforts and for helping today.
Quote of the day ‘it’s warmer in the ditch’!

10 Likes

Thanks Scott for organizing! Great to be out.

8 Likes

@Scott what was the total length of Hessen Strasse that was cleaned up today by WCC volunteers?

1 Like

I don’t know how far west the group got to, but a fun fact, greenwood Hill road to Kressler road (on Hessen strasse) is exactly 10km!

2 Likes