Friend looking for road or gravel bike to use on trainer in winter months

I have a friend looking for a used road or gravel bike with down bars. He would like to put it on his trainer and use it for the winter. Doesn’t need to be in great condition as long as it’s rideable and works with his trainer. I believe his frame size would be 56 or 58.

Let me know if anyone has any spare bikes around and would be willing to sell them. I also think his budget is somewhere around $500.

I can send you his email if you think you have some thing that would work for him.

Any frame should work. I didn’t even use a fork or wheel. just slapping in a galv pipe.

1 Like

Ok great. Good to know.
So does anyone have a frame that could be used in a trainer?

Hey! I think @charlie-horse has one! I’ll message him. He has a frame with a whole trainer set up so I’m not sure if he would part it out, or if our friend would be interested in the set up as well. It’s just a home job build with an older model trainer.

OK, thanks. Let me know. I don’t think my friend will want the trainer, only a bike frame.

OK, thanks. Let me know. I don’t think my friend will want the trainer, only a bike frame.

Patti

Charlie says he wants to sell it all together and that he might still use it for a bit.
If your friend hasn’t found anything yet I can have a look over at Red Raccoon Bike rescue. We are trying to get rid of bikes right now! and some can’t be fixed enough to be rideable. I’d be in on Tuesday next.

1 Like

Sorry Patti! I had no luck looking though the bike pile on Tuesday.

Ok. Well thanks for trying Gwen. :hugs:

Patti