2024 Time Trial Series Schedule and Results Thread!

Darn. I have to withdraw. LTG, Ride Leader and Kit measuring all on the same night. I really wanted to ride but cannot.

1 Like

I should be able to make it, put me down for 22mins

3 Likes

I’d love to try it, but cannot make it this Wed (LTGR + kit fit night). Hope I can make it for the next one. Thanks a lot for organizing these TTs!

1 Like

I’m going to try to get out of work early. Put me down for 19

3 Likes

Thanks for organizing Chris and Kevin!! Can you put me down for 20:45, see you tomorrow.

1 Like

Awesome… so far 13 people signed up… great turn-out!! There is room for more people to show up… please sign-up here and I’ll check this before heading over to mark the course after work. Even if you show up at 6:30 I’m sure I can slot you in… but be prepared to work hard!! :wink:
Tentative start list with time estimate, if you have an issue with this let me know.

1 Ian McLean 0:25:00
2 Burgess Langshaw 0:22:00
3 Chad Hartman 0:22:00
4 Lorie Cochrane 0:21:30
5 Ronan Mantle 0:21:30
6 William Luders 0:21:00
7 Adam Myers 0:20:45
8 Emily Driedger 0:20:30
9 Erik Kalviainen 0:20:00
10 Luke Ehgoetz 0:19:45
11 Chris Pippy 0:19:30
12 Jake McLean 0:19:00
13 Alex Vanderlinden 0:19:00

See you all tomorrow evening.
Ride safe!
Kevin

p.s. edited to remove one name from the list… forgot to remove Sean… only 13 riders now.

p.p.s, weather still looks awesome…perfect temps and a helping crosswind back to the start at 24-30 km/h. :+1:

4 Likes

Can you add me to the list for tonight please (May 1)? Im guessing around 20:40(ish). Slot me behind @Emily_driedger and I will try and chase her down on my TT bike :slight_smile:

Caitlin

3 Likes

I seem to be coming down sick with something, so not great chances I’ll actually show up. My apologies.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear Burgess…I hope you get better quickly. Rest up and we’ll see you in June!
Kev

1 Like

Not going to make this one, sorry

2 Likes

Roger, 30 minutes. Hope to get there in time!

2 Likes

Good evening all, it was wonderful to see you all tonight at the first Time Trial of the 2024 season. I don’t know about the rest of you, but this was the PERFECT evening for a TT. There was wind, but it really calmed down when we started… so you were lucky… and the temperature was absolutely perfect. I wish I could have joined you in the suffering, but have to stay off the bike for 7 days… doctor’s orders (and wife :wink: ).

As I expected there were some extremely fast times tonight. Great effort everyone… from the first timers to the experienced racers… there were some truly exceptional efforts put out. Here are the results for tonight’s Time Trial.

Stats for tonight:
14 riders, 4 women, 4 KWCA youth, 11 riders on Aero equipment, 2 MX riders (usually it’s half & half), and one Hand Cycle (Welcome back Roger!!!)

Most of the time estimates were beaten soundly… you don’t give yourself enough credit. A couple estimates were WAAAAY off — namely Ronan – that was a solid ride by that young man. Congratulations sir!!

Great work everyone, it was a pleasure timing for you again and I look forward to seeing your improvements over the summer. A special thank you to James McLean for manning the turn around and picking up all the signs on the way back… that was totally unexpected and truly appreciated!

Have a wonderful evening and weekend of riding. Stay safe!!
Kevin

9 Likes

Thanks to you James and Chris for organizing and setting up a fun night. Good way to start the summer tt series.

6 Likes

Thanks everyone for coming out, it was a great night with really quick times, especially this early in the season! Congrats to all and thanks Kev for timing and James for helping at the turnaround. We’re off to a great start! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks Kevin and Chris! Great course too!

3 Likes