Prescription biking glasses

My biking glasses arm snapped yesterday morning so am on the look out for a new pair. Any recommendations of opticians where I can get a prescription set of biking specific glasses.

I get Oakley at Lens Crafter in Conestoga Mall. Not cheap but worth it.

1 Like

Got my prescription Oakleys with Prism tint at Conestoga mall. Can’t remember off hand which one but could look it up.

Jim Lawson, Broker
519-574-1133

1 Like

Third on the Oakley’s. My wife has two pairs and they are both at least 5 years old. Lens on both still really good. I think they make the prescription lens coatings tougher since not a mark on them (especially compared to my non-prescription Oakley’s). They also go quite high prescription if needed which some others do not.

1 Like

Just a thought…I got contacts to use so I could use any riding glasses that I wanted. I normally wear progressives and I have astigmatism. Two companies make lenses that work for both, (and they are expensive and may or may not work for you) however I tried them and ultimately went with one eye in my closeup power and one eye with my distance power (I forget what they call that but it is a thing :wink:) and it has worked out really well for me while riding.

1 Like

Highly recommend FYI doctors on water st in Cambridge. They’ve got Oaks.

this is very timely, I am up for a new pair of glasses in the next few weeks. I will have to see if my doc has Oaklies.

I just took my prescription to Lens Crafter in Conestoga Mall, they have Oakley frames and a lot of choices for lens colour. I went with the lightest lens so they also work well on cloudy days and dusk. Also if you have a benefit plan, they cover prescription sports glasses too.

Thanks all for the input, I went to LensCrafters in the end in CF Fairview mall , currently 30%off on frames and 50% off lenses so got a reasonably good deal on some oakleys.

1 Like