Draft welcome letter for new members

The Ride Cultures page discusses this, so I would consider leaving it out just to keep this more concise.

Tricky question this, the longer it gets the less likely people will be to read it. However, attachments or links are often not read either. So you can’t win :slight_smile: Maybe the drop information could go into rides where is appropriate e.g. Tuesday / Thursday road rides in some kind of template?

My experience with getting dropped and picking up the following group is that is hasn’t always worked. Sometimes each groups do slightly different routes or the group behind has their own issues. I’m wondering if we change the suggestions for new members to consider being conservative with their group selection so they don’t get dropped? Then they can always move up when they feel comfortable?

It’s pretty important to know. Maybe something as simple as “certain rides are drop versus no drop. Please check with the ride leader”. Or maybe state race group is a drop ride.

1 Like

Agreed, but not that simple, ride with the faster groups and there will still be points where it turns into a drop ride.

I’m with Oliver, no one likes to read anything more than one page. More information often results in less being conveyed.

@ChrisP - I’ve added a single sentence to mention some rides are drop rides.

The letter so far is 3 pages, which I figure only 2 pages are info we really want people to know and the third page is a nice-to-have for people who want to read it in anticipation of the first ride. I have no illusion that everyone will read page three, but for the few that will I hope it helps.

I’m also using the headings to make this an easy document for people to skim. If they don’t read line by line, then hopefully one of the headings will catch their attention.

1 Like

Perfect thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am cool with that – just pointing out options