Cyclo-Cross Weekly Race Series

And here’s the old man narrative…

To challenge you. To carry the torch. To keep CX alive and well.

Half of the albums in the WCC Flickr Account are from our CX racing days.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/waterloocyclingclub/albums/page1

It was always a sea of green WCC jersey’s at the start lines of every CX race for years. What a gift when I look back on it. It was the people… @MarkW @bike_daniells @CANGERMANN @rosepedal @Joe.Meissner @KevRidesGravel @tcauduro @Carolyn_Smith @AdamPoll @karihueber @tabi @Matt_Bannon @JBeattie @AnaMariaBogatan @Bob_Abell @s_weldon @adamglauser @matmanexc74 @timmerbikes …there were many more.

@AdamPoll started training us over a decade ago in the art of cornering and shouldering your bike. And the big hill power loops up mount trashmore.

We appointed @MarkW and @KevRidesGravel as the inaugural CX Race Directors and they took it to the next level with tents at every race, CX skills & drills at multiple locations, advanced heckling and hand-up clinics, CX watch parties, and created our very own home OCUP CX race (KWCX). What a party.

Still love this CX skills location and program led by @MarkW to this day.

We all did The KELSO RACE SERIES for 5 straight years together every September-October.

As usual, I would throw the WCC GoPro on the bike and try to edit something together with my best DJ loops to capture the espirt de corps. Here is what it feels like to arrive, race and cheer at KelsoCX every Tuesday Night.

And wouldn’t you know it. They snapped a picture of me for their printed promo cards they’d hand out at the start. I think they were trying to capture “all ages and abilities” ?

Back when we were young… and 20 lbs lighter

4 Likes